Top 10+ Influencer Marketing Agencies in 2020 [Europe & US review]
Looking for new influencer marketing agencies to work with?
We’ve reviewed 10 leading agencies between Europe and America – just for you!
Influencer agencies and platforms have more than doubled in two years. Therefore, it comes at no surprise that marketers experience “overchoice” caused by having too many options.
As influencer marketing continues to become more and more fragmented, many marketers and brand managers are turning to specialist agencies to help them navigate this rapidly growing industry.
From storytelling specialists to full-service agencies, check out our list of Top Influencer Agencies in Europe and America.
Let’s get started.
Influencer Marketing Agencies in North America
The Influencer Marketing Factory
The Influencer Marketing Factory is a global full-service influencer marketing agency that helps brands get in front of Gen Z & Millennials on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube. This agency supports great clients such as Google, Sony Music, Hilton, Snapchat, Bud Light, and many more.
- Founded: 2018
- Location: Headquarter in Miami and office in New York
- Website: theinfluencermarketingfactory.com
Viral Nation is an award-winning influencer marketing agency. The company has recently been named one of the Top 200 Marketing Agencies of 2019 by Chief Marketer. Viral Nation boasts one of the largest influencer networks in the world and has been behind some of the most disruptive influencer campaigns in the industry. Top clients include: Rovio – Angry Birds, Bud Light, and Wish.
- Founded: 2014
- Location: Headquarters in Ontario, with a US office in New York
- Website: https://www.viralnation.com
Viral Nation Case Study: Wish x Lakers Influencer Suite Night
Hire Influence is a heavy-hitter in the influencer marketing space and specialises in high-quality creative campaigns. With an elite influencer network spanning thousands of users, Hire Influence has managed to secure ongoing work with some of the world’s most prominent brands. Top clients include Microsoft, Gatorade, Southwest Airlines, Vanity Fair, and Cosmopolitan.
- Founded: 2011
- Location: Texas,US
- Website: https://hireinfluence.com/
PS: While you’re shopping around for Influencer marketing agencies, you might want to check out our other agency reviews:
Everywhere is a multi-award-winning influencer marketing agency with an experienced in-house team of social media and influencer marketing specialists. Top clients include big brands such as Coca-Cola, CNN, Red Bull, Qualcomm, and IMAX.
- Founded: 2009
- Location: Atlanta
- Website: https://everywhereagency.com
August United is an Arizona-based influencer marketing agency with a specialisation in strategy, activations, and influencer marketing network development. Top clients include PetSmart, Persil, NPR, and Kroger.
- Founded: 2015
- Location: Arizona
- Website: http://www.augustunited.com
MediaKix is a full-service influencer marketing agency working with global brands and influencers on Instagram and YouTube. The agency provides end-to-end influencer marketing from strategy to creative execution on data-driven campaigns. Top clients in include: Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Hallmark, Sony, LG, and, LifeProof.
- Founded: 2011
- Location: California
- Website: https://mediakix.com/
Influencer Marketing Agencies in Europe
IMA Agency is a full-service influencer marketing agency with a team of in-house strategists, content producers, designers, analysts, and other specialists. The agency provides a true end-to-end influencer marketing service for clients such as Nivea Men, Tommy Hilfiger Eyewear, and Samsung.
- Founded: 2010
- Location: Headquarters in Amsterdam with a US office in New York
- Website: https://imagency.com/
IMA Case Study: Nivea x Real Madrid Influencer Campaign
Storyboard is an award-winning content and influencer agency. The full-service agency specialises in storytelling, branded content, social media strategy, and integrated influencer marketing campaigns. Top clients include Jack Daniels, ASICS, and Tele2.
- Founded: 2013
- Location: Amsterdam
- Website: https://storyboard-agency.com
Pulse Advertising is a global influencer marketing agency. The agency has a wide network of influencers active on Instagram, Facebook, Snap, TikTok, WeChat, Twitch, and YouTube. Pulse Advertising is also a listed Google Partner, Instagram Partner, and Facebook Marketing Partner. Top clients include H&M, LVMH, Marriott, and Unilever.
- Founded: 2014
- Location: Headquarters in Hamburg, with offices in Milan, London and New York UK.
- Website: https://www.pulse-advertising.com/
Visumate – now part of Dept
Visumate is a leading influencer marketing agency based in Germany. The agency was recently incorporated into Dept – a network of international digital agencies. Their services include social media campaigns, influencer marketing, content production, and strategy. Top clients include Samsung, Visit Berlin, Absolut, and Adidas.
- Founded: 2011
- Location: Berlin
- Website: https://visumate.com
Tanke is a creative influencer marketing agency. With their automation-based influencer software called “adMingle”, they are able to mobilise large numbers of influencers for a wide range of activations from product samples to content amplification. Through their network of agencies and partners, their clients are able to tap into over 14 countries for global campaigns. Top clients include Dior, Burberry, Malibu, Google, and Gucci.
- Founded: 2014
- Location: Paris
- Website: http://www.tanke.fr/en/
Tanke Case Study: Gucci
Tips and Best Practices for working with influencers
Whether you’re working directly with influencers or through influencer marketing agencies, it is important to follow a guideline. Best practices and guidelines are there to protect you, your clients, and the influencers themselves.
Spend some extra time on planning and budgeting:
- Define your campaign objectives.
- Make sure your campaign follows your country’s advertising and sponsorship laws.
- Set aside a budget before you identify and reach out to influencers.
- Your budget and campaign objectives will help you decide on what type of influencer you should work with. But, if you need a thorough review on the pros and cons, check our ultimate review of macro vs micro influencers.
Review each influencer’s profile by looking at the following:
- Content: Are their posts of a high quality? Are the hashtags relevant? Is it authentic?
- Audience: Does their audience look like the right group for you?
- Promotions: How many sponsored posts do they run per month/week? Are there any obvious competitors?
- Engagement rate: Is their engagement rate high enough for what you want to achieve?
- Personality: Do they make a good brand fit?
Write a detailed brief, it’s worth it!
- Include some background on the brand or product.
- Add a budget or budget range.
- Include detailed campaign objects and KPIs, and clear deadlines.
- Align your campaign brief to the influencer’s strengths (e.g. generating awareness vs creating beautiful imagery).
- Try and give each influencer a unique URL to track their click throughs.
Pay attention to your communication before, during, and after:
- Your first contact should warm and personalised.
- Before the campaign kicks off, arm your influencers with all the necessary material they need (images, hashtags, keywords, visual style guides etc.).
- During the campaign: monitor, engage, and motivate them.
- After the campaign: reach out to gather any reports and give them constructive feedback.
- Use surveys or feedback forms to gather learnings and insights.
- Pay your influencers on time, or risk reputational damage – it’s as simple as that!
- Make note of any influencers who stood out for the right reasons, and look at ways to build longer term relationships with them for future campaigns.
If this all sounds like too much to handle, don’t worry, just turn to one of the world-class influencer marketing agencies listed above. You could also empower your own team with the help of influencer relationship management tools to automate certain parts of your campaign. Most of these tools also have the added benefit of being linked to massive influencer networks.
[Infographic] The Rise of Influencer Marketing
Just how big is influencer marketing really? This infographic from The Influencer Marketing Hub truly puts things into perspective.
Not all agencies are the same
In conclusion, we know that marketers are feeling the burden of operating in a constantly changing environment. And while most influencer marketing agencies offer similar services, it is important to know which areas they truly specialise in. This could mean using multiple solution providers: from those with large influencer networks to those who specialise in crafting strong brand stories. If you have the budget, an experienced full-service influencer marketing agency might just be the answer to your prayers.
10 Influencer Marketing Agencies of 2019 That You Should Know: https://thehhub.com/2018/12/09/the-top-influencer-marketing-agencies-of-2018/
11 Instagram Influencer Marketing Agencies You Should Know: https://influencermarketinghub.com/instagram-influencer-marketing-agencies/
Consumers: Credibility Is King When It Comes to Influencer Marketing: https://izea.com/2017/07/18/credibility-king-influencer-marketing/
A Guide to Working With Instagram Influencers: What to Look For: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/293538
The Remarkable Rise of Influencer Marketing: https://influencermarketinghub.com/the-rise-of-influencer-marketing/