The Importance of CRM in Digital Marketing 
Customer relationship management (CRM) is a critical component of a successful digital marketing campaign.
CRM is the backbone that creates a sturdy base for the promotion and sales of any product or idea.
Basically, CRM refers to a set of applications that you will use to manage things like customer databases, customer interactions, and everything that pertains to your customers, customer leads, and customer satisfaction.
Improving sales requires you to improve your customer relationships. Your customer service has to be impeccable if you want to keep customers happy. Keeping customers happy is the only way to grow in business.
CRM can help you with this part of your business. Now the question is what is CRM actually?
Customer relationship management software is a tool that companies can use to:
- Record customer data for future references
- Track sales figures and determine what promotions are being the most productive
- Keep every member of a sales team updated with customer information, potential client leads, and pertinent information they need to close sales
- Improve follow-ups and gain customer approval
- Connect members of your sales team to the clients using GPS technology
- Allow the sharing of files and information between sales team members so when one team member cannot make a follow-up or complete a promise they made to a client another team member can step in and make the customer happy
What are CRM Tools?
CRM tools are the software solutions that enable businesses to implement and manage good CRM. The software connects all the different sources of information and organizes it into place. CRM tools collect, store, organize and save data in a way that makes it easily accessible to everyone who needs it. From marketing to sales, to customer support to company management – all the relevant information is there and easy to access, in a meaningful format.
Importance of CRM in Digital Marketing
One thing that every business person knows is that a happy customer will return. A happy customer will likely tell three or more of their friends about your business.
An unhappy customer will likely tell six or more people about their experience with your business. So, no matter what business you are in, keeping the customer happy is the key to success.
So, how exactly does good CRM make (and keep!) your customers happy?
Let’s take a look at four important benefits of CRM:
1.Digital Marketing Strategies Connected to CRM.
One of the biggest digital marketing strategies is to collect simple data on customers when they are browsing the web and looking for particular items.
Then using that information about the person and the item they were interested in and letting sales ads about those items pop up when the person is on Facebook or Twitter.
The sales ad would remind the person of the item they were looking at, and drive customers back to the sites where the item was for sale.
2.CRM Personalizes the Digital Marketing Campaign.
Using CRM to gather data about customers’ likes and dislikes allows you to target specific customers with specific items that they are likely to have an interest in. CRM provides you with the statistical data concerning what the customer has purchased in the past, what they browse for when they are online, and other factors like their age sets, their gender, and the areas where they live.
All of this personal data can be used in your digital campaign. Instead of doing just one broad-based campaign and hoping that the people who will be interested in the advertising will see it, you can make sure that the people who are going to be interested in something are the ones that see that particular item.
When you use CRM strategies to create data sheets concerning the customers you have, and the leads you have on other customers, you can then approach those customers in a one-to-one digital campaign.
You can connect with them by using their preferences to make suggestions on their social networking sites so they see the advertisements and are reminded of the things they want or like.
You can send emails that personally suggest certain products and services, based on a previous purchase the customer has made. You know how on Netflix you see the words “since you liked this program” and there are links for you to follow to go to another program that is similar? You can do that with your email campaign.
You can create blogs and articles that address the things your customers might be interested in by looking at the data to confirm their likes and dislikes. When you have relevant information on your page, that your customer or future customer finds interesting, then they will visit you.
When you use CRM applications to create databases about your customers and your products, you can also create a database about customer service calls.
When you start to look closely at your customer service calls, what the customer liked or disliked, and what things you did to satisfy the customer, you are able to create a training program for each of your customer service representatives that will allow them to create satisfied customers out of each call.
TLDR? The Importance of Customer Relationship Management:
Effective Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is the way you organize and manage your interactions with your customers and leads. CRM tools allow you to simplify and streamline your communications for marketing, sales, and customer care. Good CRM helps you gather data to provide better customer service, more relevant marketing, and more effective sales messaging.
The 5 Best CRM Solutions for Digital Marketing Focused Brands
Monday.com is a comprehensive Resource Management software that provides a wide range of capabilities, including Customer Relationship Management and Project Management.
The interface is designed in a flexible manner, which allows you to easily organize your projects and customize your workflows.
The most important features of Monday.com’s CRM include managing leads and sales pipelines, client tracking, contract management, and onboarding new customers.
The project management orientation of the software allows teams to easily collaborate on leads.
The best and most well-known feature of Monday.com is that it turns the to-do lists into a game, encouraging all team members to complete their tasks on time.
The projects are broken into smaller tasks, which can be divided into even smaller subtasks.
Each task is color-coded, so the status and the progress of each member is quite clear. Green means complete, red means stuck, and so on. The urge to turn every block green is what keeps the team going.
The CRM solution was in fact introduced to allow the sales teams to collaborate more easily on customer relationships and boost results. The tool also supports a number of integrations and automations.
- The dashboard has colorful crafted charts and graphs, which makes completing tasks an enjoyable activity.
- Drag and drop functionality for most functions makes the workflow smooth.
- Progress on different clients can be tracked easily by everyone on the sales team.
- Automated follow-up reminders.
- Can be easily integrated with other business software to provide a one-stop solution.
- Customer service is almost instantaneous and always courteous.
- The scroll function on the Mac version can be problematic sometimes.
- Hyperlinks don’t always carry over when spreadsheets are imported into the software.
- The software often lags when navigating the UI.
- Free Trial: 14 Days
- Basic: $8/month per seat
- Standard: $10/month per seat
- Pro: $16/month per seat
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing, Billed Annually
HubSpot is one of the world’s leading platforms for online marketing, sales and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). With dedicated productivity tools and automations, it helps reduce manual involvement in the process and saves time from menial tasks.
HubSpot CRM comes with free tools for lead generation and email marketing that help grow and nurture the customer database. The service teams can stay organized through efficient communication and elevate their productivity. The software supports all kinds of third-party integrations and provides adequate reporting and tracking features.
The CRM tool gives full visibility into the sales pipeline in real-time. There is a detailed reporting dashboard that gives information on sales productivity and individual performance. You can create and organize your own sales pipelines with automated tracking. The pipelines will give you a good idea of the various stages of customer relationship and where it goes off.
There is a free landing-page builder that helps create professional-looking landing pages. You can use the free ad management tools to convert visitors from these landing pages to qualified leads. Besides, you can connect with them via live chat or by setting up one-to-one chat conversations with chatbots.
The Universal Inbox feature allows you to view, manage, assign, and reply to all customer conversations irrespective of what channel they are coming from.
HubSpot CRM supports over 300 integrations through which you can connect your existing software for free, and get even more out of the tools and applications your business uses every day.
- Most of the functionality is available for free so you can start without paying and grow a lot before you have to pay anything.
- Customized messaging with sequences helps nurture client relationships.
- The reporting and analytics provide great insights into the effectiveness of different customer acquisition and communication channels.
- There are 300 plus supported integrations so there is hardly any software that can not work with HubSpot.
- The software has built-in Anti-Spam functionality that helps with legal compliance.
- Sales automation features like meetings links and email integrations are super helpful.
- The UX design is not very convenient and there is quite a learning curve when you shift to the software.
- The custom forms have limitations on the tiers that can be created and the fields that can be added.
The CRM platform is 100% free for a lifetime. Additional premium productivity features available for purchase.
Keap is an all-in-one sales and marketing platform that offers a wide range of services including sales pipelines, marketing automations, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). The CRM helps businesses across various industries streamline their client relationships and manage customer experiences.
The client database software helps improve organization and increases workflow efficiency. Instead of maintaining huge databases for records, you can handle all client activity and communications from a single place. The records can be easily edited and automatically updated, requiring minimal human involvement.
The software can easily connect with Zapier, Gmail, Outlook, and AppointmentCore, streamlining your communication channels and boosting email efficiency. You can send highly personalized emails that drive action or sales. There are pre-written templates that can be edited and campaigns can be automated.
Smart forms help collect and organize client information so that it can be used in automated campaigns easily. The automation builder is really powerful and allows expert marketers to create flexible campaigns and set triggers for various client actions. This way you can create repeatable pipelines that make sure that leads do not leak away.
The reporting capabilities by Keap are extraordinary as it helps users run analyses on email campaigns, sales pipelines performance, and ROI data. The software can also be remotely managed from an Android or iOS device.
- Free Trial: 14 Days
- Keap Grow: $56/month
- Keap Pro: $105/month
- Infusionsoft: $140/month
- Client segmentation is quite useful and helps group similar prospects before running email campaigns.
- The visualizations for automation and campaigns created by the software are really helpful. They make the process fun and engaging for marketers using the software.
- The campaign builder tool is flexible, robust, and very easy to learn.
- The software has an API that can be easily integrated with other software you might be using.
- The newsletter templates and web forms functionalities are great for building your database and collecting leads.
- The responsive Drag & Drop email builder makes developing email campaigns easier.
- The software does not handle Spam very well and the contact forms on websites often get bombarded.
- It uses a flat database which can be inconvenient for B2B communications.
ActiveCampaign is a Chicago-based Customer Relationship Management and Automations tool that helps marketers and sales teams connect well with their customers and sell more, with less effort.
You can see the complete sales cycle at a glance and track customers at every touchpoint.
The most important function of ActiveCampaign is its marketing automations, which help reduce the time spent on each lead in the pipeline.
The sales teams that have used ActivecCampaign reported a significant increase in productivity due this feature.
The level of automation ActiveCampaign offers is easily the best in the market. These automations make sure that you’re not missing out on any important aspect of the customer lifecycle and, eventually, help close sales.
Other important features, including lead scoring, win probability, and segmentation, also help improve conversions.
- Customer tagging and automated segmentation help create targeted campaigns.
- The auto-responder option helps improve communication with customers.
- Pre-made templates and flexible automations reduce the workload in performing different tasks.
- The automations can be designed in visual builders which makes them easy to understand.
- A number of third-party integrations are supported.
- The webinars and training sessions offered for free are quite helpful.
- The dashboard can get a little busy at times, making the interface difficult to understand.
- Lead Management features are not as comprehensive and do not provide all the features you might expect.
- Free Trial: 14 Days
- Lite: $9/month
- Plus: $49/month
- Professional: $129/month
- Enterprise: $229/month
Freshworks is an AI-powered Customer Relationship Management tool that enables sales and marketing professionals to improve their understanding of their customers, through detailed insights and analytics.
The most important features of Freshworks CRM include email marketing, lead scoring, market segmentation, AI chatbots, and salesforce automation.
The software allows marketers to deliver a personalized marketing strategy to each customer, at every touchpoint across their lifecycle.
This way they are able to boost their clicks, conversions, and overall engagement for the marketing activities of the firm.
The 360 customer view provides complete details about customers and prospects, including touchpoints, conversations, appointments, tasks, and much more.
- Customer lifecycle can be easily tracked through AI-powered metrics.
- Migration to the software is super easy and does not require help from an outside resource.
- The activity feed is very comprehensive and does not require expensive third-party add-ons.
- Customer fields are auto-filled based on lead/contact emails.
- Business view filters can be easily created and modified.
- A/B tests, heat maps, and other optimization tools make it easy to close customers.
- Error logs are not very helpful.
- If you mistakenly convert a lead to a contact, you can’t downgrade it back to a lead.
- Support is unresponsive at times.
- Free Trial: 21 Days
- Growth: $29/month per user
- Pro: $69/month per user
- Enterprise: $125/month per user
Improve your Sales with the Help of a CRM System
This is the digital age of business. People are doing more online business: shopping, researching, banking and investing, than ever before. Companies are having a hard time keeping their digital apps up and running because technology changes so fast and by the time they have an app developed and ready to use, they need to make changes to it.
Customer Contact Information
The CRM software allows you to manage all of the data you have on each customer so you can quickly see which customer might be interested in a new product or service you have to offer.
You can generate leads through the data that shows you what the customer has liked in the past, how to reach that customer, and the other criteria you have accumulated on the customer.
The information is easy to access and you can use different prompts to create a sales lead list. You can also use the information to see which customers just need you to make contact and make certain they are still happy, or see if there is anything you can do for them.
This builds customer service to a new level. Your customers will feel more appreciated and it will seem that you remember them.
Share the Knowledge
Each sales team member knows certain information about the leads they have or their past customers. They may know that Mr. Black does not like to be called before 4 pm, or that Miss Smith lives alone and does not like strangers just showing up at her door. Some of the information these sales team members have in their heads and in their notes are what will help your company cement a sale.
If the team member that knows that information quits or gets sick, the information is lost. If you use CRM software your team members can share information with each other and you will always be ready and prepared to close the next deal.
This software compiles all of the potential leads and customer data so that everyone in your company is up to date and has the information they need to serve your customers better.
Lead Building & Lead Scoring
Top executives say that building a quality lead for their sales team to contact is the most critical aspect of making more sales and more profits. These executives use the data their software compiles to:
- Create contact information on the possible lead.
- Connect the sales member with the client via GPS technology.
- Create a list of promotion ideas that have proved successful in the past so the sales team member will have a variety of things to try.
- Make a list of the tools that are available for the sales team member to use.
- Allow the information to be accessed through smartphones, tablets, and computers.
The biggest thing that this software data collection does is provide you with the ability to follow up on potential leads so that fewer sales are lost.
You will have a reminder for your sales team on who they need to call back and when they need to make those calls
The team member will know what has been tried in the past so they will know what they need to say or do when they make the follow-up.
The Benefits of CRM
You can read more details about the need for CRM in digital marketing campaigns by following this link. Applying CRM strategy will increase your business success.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's a CRM?
CRM is a set of applications that you will use to manage things like customer databases, customer interactions, and everything that pertains to your customers, customer leads, and customer satisfaction. Read this guide to learn more about CRM and its importance.
What's the importance of CRM in Digital Marketing?
CRM helps to track the level of satisfaction of your customers as well as gather data points that will help your launch better digital marketing campaigns and sustain healthy business growth. Read more about the role of CRM in digital marketing in this guide.
What are the best CRM solutions for digital marketing focused brands?
There are many CRM solutions out there and many of them are doing a decent job integrating with other solutions. However, there are a couple of solutions that are best fit for companies that do most of their marketing online. Check out the best 5 in this article.