13 Amazing PPC Management Tools to Skyrocket Your Campaign [2021 Update]
PPC (Pay Per Click) ad campaigns are a powerful tool for driving traffic and increasing revenue. The problem is that they’re time-consuming and costly to manage!
So, how do you streamline the process and automate as much of the work as possible, without compromising on the results of your campaign?
The easy and effective solution is to use the right PPC management tools and software – software specifically designed to make PPC campaigns simpler, better and faster.
The right software will automate the process and free you up to focus on the creative aspects of your campaign and to fine tune your process for optimal results.
In this review, we look at13 of the most amazing PPC management tools for both businesses and Ad agencies alike.
Our review covers the leading facets of each tool, relating to its core function, the pros and cons from real-life user reviews and an overall assessment of how useful, effective and user-friendly the software is.
Let’s jump right in!
PPC Management: Human vs Machine
Human beings will always remain an essential part of PPC campaigns. No matter how good machines become, connecting with human emotions will always require a flexible and nuanced understanding of human needs and behavior.
Machines thrive on data collection and fast analysis of data, but they do not know what to do with the data unless they have specific instructions on what is required.
It takes a human being to identify which aspects of the data need to be collected and analyzed. Human insight is also required to determine which data is relevant and how to use it to make changes that will influence human behavior.
Humans and machines have unique abilities and skills. Here is a rundown of the tasks that humans and machines are good at:
- Creating and developing strategies.
- Creativity and formulating new ideas.
- Data interpretation.
- Empathy; understanding human emotions and how to deal with them.
- The selective use of prior knowledge.
- Auditing machine results.
These aspects fall into the human domain as machines are not capable of thinking or reading emotions. Machines are also incapable of selective functions, unless they have direct, specific, instructions to do so.
- Pattern recognition.
- Producing answers or results based on predefined instructions or criteria.
- Data calculations.
- Repetitive tasks using the same instructions.
With the correct instructions, machines are capable of efficiently completing the above tasks without any undue errors.
To change instructions, a human will have to input the relevant information, or program the machine to switch to new instructions, at a specific time or threshold.
With PPC campaigns, both humans and machines are essential.
On the software side, which is machine orientated, time and costs are saved through the use of effective PPC management tools.
PPC management tools turn what would be a long, costly process into “on-tap” information, which contributes greatly to improved returns on your ad spend.
How to Evaluate PPC Management Tools
The very first thing to do is to understand how PPC management tools function, and to differentiate between software tasks and human tasks.
PPC management software automates specific aspects of your PPC ad campaign. It is designed to accurately read the data-flow through your campaign, specifically on keyword recognition, which can be an uphill task if done manually.
PPC management tools minimize the manual labor involved in managing a PPC campaign. They provide quick access to the data you need, allowing you to make real-time decisions to improve your strategy and track your results.
To Evaluate PPC Management Software, You Should Ask the Following Questions:
- Will the software improve your return on investment? You should look at the cost per click and cost per action, which is the number of clicks in order to convert a user into performing the action you require.
- Are you getting a high enough Google quality score? Your quality score will determine where your ad is positioned on the page, which is mostly influenced by the click-through rate of your ad and the relevance of keywords, among other criteria.
- Will you be reaching the widest target audience possible?
- Are you be able to get qualified traffic while paying less attention to irrelevant clicks?
- Will the software help to reduce costs that would otherwise be spent on irrelevant clicks?
- Are you be able to learn more about your customers so you can amend or adjust your approach to offer better services?
To answer these questions, you may need to trial out a potential software solution before you buy.
Many PPC management tools offer a trial period before the first payment is due. Use this trial period to your benefit!
We recommend that you research different software options beforehand and read reviews from credible sites so you can compare apples with apples.
Then choose the ones you like best and do a free trial period to see if the value you gain from them is worth the investment.
There are hundreds of options to consider! To make this easier for you, here is our selection of the best PPC management software available in 2021 for you to choose from:
13 Best PCC Management Software to Use in 2021
Opteo is a PPC managment tool that is specifically designed for Google Adwords. If your focus is solely on Google Ads, then Opteo is the go-to software for you.
A big plus is an easy-to-use interface coupled with a friendly and efficient support team. Seeing as the software manages your campaign, and constantly delivers suggestions, you will save on ad spend.
You can also consider options to enhance ad effectiveness for your approval. Furthermore, the software can handle multiple campaigns, which makes it ideal for digital ad agencies.
- Keyword management.
- Bid management.
- Budget and schedule control.
- Search term analysis.
- Over 40 different optimization tools.
- AdWords analytics.
- Continuous real-time account monitoring.
- You get optimization suggestions in real-time.
- No connection to Bing Ads/Microsoft. This must be managed seperately.
- One month free trial
- Basic: $97 p/m
- Professional: $197 p/m
- Agency: $397 p/m
- Unlimited: $797 p/m
Rating: G2 – 4.5/5 stars from 11 reviews
Seeing as Google owns over 90% of the search engine market, it will be wise to look at Google Analytics. And bonus! There are no costs are involved, as it is a free service.
Analytics is part of Google’s PPC management tools, and the software provides essential data to helps companies manage the traffic on their websites.
You will be able to see the location of visitors, the time spent on your site and the specific content viewed. This will give you a very good idea of what’s working and what isn’t, which allows you to streamline your site to improve UX. Improved user experience translates into actions taken and revenues generated.
- Detailed site movement reports.
- Time period comparisons.
- Identify returning visitors.
- Tallies page visits and revenue per page.
- Essential data to manage site traffic more effectively.
- Monitors visitor site interactions.
- Location mapping of visitors.
- The dashboard can be personalized to suit your needs.
- You can measure and create goals.
- Navigating through the data in the early stages can be a daunting task.
- The android application needs to be improved.
- Free service.
Rating: G2 – 4.5/5 stars from 5361 reviews
Adalysis automates both Google and Microsoft ads. In addition, there is a 14-day free trial that you can use to test the software. In essence, Adalysis is a time saver and provides real-time results making it possible to dig deeper into data from ad campaigns to focus on key aspects of the campaign.
The software can automate and handle thousands of campaigns and ads that can be tested before they go live. A/B testing provides costs on click-through rates, conversions, and other useful metrics.
The downside is not in the functions of the software, which is great but rather a costing issue because additional costs are levied to use the features on Bing.
- Provides real-time insights.
- A/B testing.
- Bidding feature that provides suggestions and has a built-in tracker.
- Budget control on spending.
- Quality scores.
- Campaign creation.
- Time saving tools.
- Provides real-time results.
- Automated to handle a large number of campaigns.
- A/B testing before campaigns go live.
- Additional costs levied to use the features on Bing.
- Doesn’t support PayPal.
- $99 for a monthly spend of up to $50k
- $199 for a monthly spend of up to $150k
- $249 for a monthly spend of up to $250k
- $499 for a monthly spend of up to$500k
- Price on request for a monthly spend above $500k
Rating: Capterra – 4.6/5 stars from 38 reviews
Developed by ex-Google executives in 2013, Optmyzr takes repetitive tasks and makes them more profitable. The software works with Microsoft and Amazon and has received several awards over the years.
Below is a screenshot of the Optmyzr dashboard, showing how campaign schedules can be adjusted.
Optmyzr has found a home with agencies and large companies serviced by in-house teams.
Strategies can be executed quickly, regardless of their size, diversity, or complexity, as the software is driven by machine learning. However, you remain in control, even with the automated bidding tasks.
The focus is on testing and strategy, which allows marketers to optimize campaigns with a single click. In addition, the results improve budgets and bid accounts.
- One click optimization.
- Account blueprints to build more efficient workflows.
- Enhancer scripts.
- Bid Management.
- Campaign Automator.
- Budget Optimizer
- PPC Insights.
- Google Ads data loads in real-time and has a powerful connection with Google’s API that is also accurate.
- Meaningful budget suggestions that respond to market shifts.
- Weekly email summaries.
- Great shopping feed optimizer.
- Effective PPC audit scores on keywords.
- Outstanding customer support team.
- The absence of features like budget pricing per campaign level.
- Monthly costs but the software does provide value for money with the immense savings that are possible.
- There is no feature for a bulk ad uploader/creator to create hundreds of ads with split tests.
- Free trial is available
- Basic plan: $208 p/m
- Pro-plan: $499 p/m
- Pro + plan: $799 p/m
- Enterprise plan: Custom Pricing
Rating: G2 – 4.7/5 stars from 108 reviews
Adzooma is fully integrated with Google, Facebook, and Microsoft. It uses AI and machine learning technology capable of serving multiple ads and accounts.
The reporting feature is easy to access, helps identify underperforming ads and provides daily data analysis. The platform is user-friendly and allows you to fix problems immediately, while the software has unlimited scaling to accommodate website growth.
- Actionable suggestions to improve campaign scores.
- Create, manage and optimize paid ads.
- PPC performance reports.
- Customize reports.
- Google Analytics integration.
- Actionable suggestions to improve campaign scores.
- Seamless and stress-free implementation.
- Great for beginners and professionals alike.
- A real time-saver on repetitive ad tasks.
- Tutorials are not detailed.
- Facebook automation can be better (according to their support team, upgrades are in the pipeline).
- Essential Plan: Free
- Plus Plan: £69 p/m (includes a dedicated account manager)
Rating: Capterra – 4.2/5 stars from 18 reviews
6. Bing Ads
Bing Ads is a Microsoft product, and although considered small, the global monthly reach is in the region of half a billion people.
Integration is important to Microsoft and is pivotal in its advertising tool. This is evident in the number of portals, ad agencies, and companies at your disposal.
There have been great advances in keyword and bid targeting over recent years. The software allows for real-time reporting, and the same familiarity found in other Microsoft products, like Windows, makes navigating the dashboard very easy.
Bing Ads is ideal for small businesses looking to expand their scope. However, there is still a way to catch up with Google as although the interface is similar, it is still in the early stages.
- Universal event tracking.
- Microsoft Merchant Center.
- Remarketing audiences.
- Shared negative keywords.
- Ad Editor.
- Bing Ads AIP
- Website exclusion.
- Less expensive option
- Easy to set up and use.
- Innovative tools added on an ongoing basis.
- Searches are not limited.
- Microsoft is usually a few steps behind Google but compares very well.
- Sometimes there is a lag in search material because results are not filtered to specific requests.
- No video advertising re-marketing option.
- There are no set payment plans as clients pay for every click on the ad. This allows clients to control their budget.
Rating: G2 – 3.5/5 stars from 327 reviews
Focused on three platforms, Facebook, Instagram, and Google, Adespresso allows marketers to create campaigns in minutes and launch them across multiple platforms.
Testing is hands-on with the split testing tool, which allows access to specific results and performance metrics.
Data stored in the Adespresso cloud can be retrieved for later use and their services attract ad agencies, e-commerce, and small businesses.
Their main strength is they are a one-stop shop that does away with multiple accounts and all the tools for an effective campaign are at your fingertips.
- Adespresso cloud for data storage.
- Manage all accounts in one place.
- Create campaigns across three channels.
- Analytics and actionable insights.
- Global collaboration.
- Seamless client onboarding.
- Very easy to use the different tools and create campaigns.
- Monitoring ads is convenient because they are organized in a single panel.
- The ability to create ads from different platforms in one place.
- Well designed admin panels.
- Campaign optimization and split testing.
- Poor support team service.
- Some users found the monthly costs to be too high for their needs.
- Occasional technical difficulties.
- Free 14-day trial
- Starter: $49 p/m
- Plus: $99 p/m
- Enterprise: $259 p/m
Rating: G2 – 3.3/5 stars from 47 reviews
Spyfu is keyword-driven, providing the most profitable keywords that competitors are using. With software capable of tracking the movements of a domain over the last 15 years, you get a clear picture of market trends.
The data reveals where on Google the domain has shown up, listing all Adwords keywords, organic rank, and every different type of ad used. The software empowers marketers to track competitor AdWords through the many tools at their disposal. This type of advantage enables businesses to stay in line with their competitors.
- Tracks keyword ranking.
- Google Ads competitor keyword spy tool
- Monitors PPC competitors.
- Finds competitor keywords you don’t already use.
- Competitor Google Ads campaign and Ad test history.
- The ability to search competitor keywords saves a great deal of time and money.
- Affordable method of tracking ad campaigns; yours and your competitors’.
- Helpful video tutorials.
- Competitor information helps to identify weak points in your own campaigns.
- Provides valuable information like ad spend, competitor listings and keyword listings.
- No database for German speaking countries.
- Keyword ranking reports can be improved on.
- Extra keyword searches must be requested.
- Time between reports does not reveal current keyword trends.
- Basic: $39 p/m
- Professional: $69 p/m
- Unlimited: $129 p/m
Rating: G2 – 4.6/5 stars from 449 reviews
This software primarily focuses on income-generating keywords, which are low SEO difficulty combined with high search volume keywords.
Keyword search and creation are made easy with the software. It also has the capacity to look up other domains to view keywords and their placement. Below is an example of keyword ratings:
The KWFinder software will generate thousands of suggestions from a few basic ideas. Once the keywords are selected, marketers can use the keyword analyzer, which is the top tool to study trends, PPC competition, CPC average cost, and keyword difficulty.
Long-tail keywords are short phrases that are growing in popularity, and the software focuses on these phrases.
- Find hidden long-tail keywords.
- Finds competitor’s keywords.
- Google Suggest Keyword source.
- Import keywords in bulk.
- Filter keywords that are not profitable.
- SERP analysis and SEO metrics.
- Keyword Planner alternative.
- Data quality is very good with a pleasing and practical interface.
- Great rank tracker tool as you can easily keep track of multiple projects.
- You can sign in and can start using it immediately.
- Top notch integration and you can view data through a wide range of tools, each with their own specifics.
- Continuous developments and improvements on the tools.
- Lacks the ability to automatically calculate all the Keyword Difficulties when doing keyword research.
- Limited keyword search per day on the basic plan, which is limited to 100 words.
- 10-day Free Trial
- Basic: $29.90 p/m
- Premium: $39.90 p/m
- Agency: $79.90 p/m
Rating: Software Advice – 4.7/5 stars from 35 reviews
This is primarily a Google keyword tool with outstanding keyword choices that help SEO writers create eye-catching content.
The tool has been around for a long time. It is supported by other Google tools to create a more comprehensive keyword planner, that can be used on different platforms as well as process bulk keyword searches.
- You can set a monthly budget cap.
- Smart technology to help improve ads.
- Has a Google Ads help center.
- Helps to filter keywords.
- Assists with the right terms.
- Suggests most relevant keywords for your campaign.
- Helpful in finding useful keywords.
- Search for keywords in bulk.
- Supported by other Google tools.
- Limited features compared to other keyword tools on the market.
- Limited to Keyword research only.
- Set a budget cap and never pay more. No contracts so you can start and stop at any time.
Rating: Capterra – 4.6/5 stars from 23 reviews
JumpFly is a dedicated PPC management agency that works in association with Google, Microsoft, and Facebook to optimize PPC ad campaigns.
For less tech-savvy businesses, using an agency proficient in PPC management is the way to go. They have the blueprint for success, and the experience behind them.
They make use of their own proprietary software and d dedicated account executive is assigned to each client.
The management process is divided into two phases. Phase one is a complete market analysis and drawing up a comprehensive strategy. Phase two deals with legal issues and strategy changes to streamline the campaign.
- Full Scale Paid Search.
- Social media advertising.
- Amazon advertising.
- Revenue driving SEO strategy.
- High conversion rate with qualified leads.
- Social media intergration.
- Strong partner statuses.
- Money back guarantee.
- Free PPC audit.
- 24/7 Analytics dashboard.
- Call tracking.
- Selective about their clients.
- Only focused on PPC.
- Minimum monthly ad spend.
- All pricing on request.
- Because JumpFly is a PPC Management agency, their fees are tailor-made for each individual client.
Rating: Featured Customers – 4.7/5 stars from 1357 reviews
SEMRush offers comprehensive marketing and PPC management tools, which are highly rated as far as value is concerned.
Users can begin with the basics and add on tools as needed. There are six different categories, and each one is equipped with an outstanding real-time reporting mechanism.
The modules and categories are closely integrated. If one report is changed, the whole platform updates in real-time. SEMRush has all the tools to save time and increase productive traffic, and ultimately increase revenue.
- Real-time data.
- Real-time analytics.
- Activity tracking and alerts/notifications.
- Performance metrics.
- Third party integrations.
- Over 50 tools on SEO.
- Very fast Keyword research tools.
- Core features focus on Keywords.
- Works fantastic as an SEO platform and delivers results.
- Can be tricky to navigate through all the tools.
- UX range of tools are great.
- Some users find the service too expensive.
- Sales staff try and push new deals instead of supporting old deals.
- Free test period on Pro and Guru Plans
- Pro: $119.95 p/m
- Guru: $229.95 p/m
- Business: $449.95 p/m
Rating: Capterra – 4.6/5 stars from 1394 reviews.
QuanticMind is a next level PPC management tool as it is AI-driven to optimize revenue streams and get the best return on investment.
Their AI software finds hidden patterns in data that define different customer buying habits and utilizes this data to get the upper hand on PPC management. This is achieved by integrating with other online tools.
The intent in particular keywords is identified to maximize effective keyword usage. The software can update e-commerce stores on a continuous basis, and AI can enhance long-tail keywords while constantly updating, which translates to real-time PPC campaign management.
- Digital marketing services.
- Marketing intelligence platform.
- Search marketing.
- Unified data sets.
- Fully optimized bidding.
- Revenue funnel visibility.
- Expanded keyword targeting.
- Conversion tracking.
- Customer profiles and tracking.
- Scale and grow with your business.
- Powerful statistical software.
- Great visulization.
- AI-driven software.
- Enhanced long-tail keywords.
- Consistently updating for real-time results.
- Limited insight on how bid algorithms make keyword changes.
- Support team are not very helpful.
- Custom pricing – contact QuanticMind for a quote
Rating: Capterra – 4,4/5 stars from 17 reviews
Final Thoughts and Our Two Top Picks
Using the right PCC management software frees up a lot of time in any business, as it is mostly automated. This time can be better utilized by focusing your attention on the effectiveness of ad campaigns and changing what is lagging, to boost your revenue and minimize your ad spend.
All the PPC management tools we have reviewed here are great choices. However, two stood out to us. Here are our two top picks:
Top Pick #1: Opteo
If you are looking for easy to navigate software, Opteo will suit your needs. The software was designed for Google AdWords but has beneficial metrics that are lacking in Google AdWords. Opteo is a great choice. They’re an award-winning software that is well priced and performs consistently.
Top Pick #2: Optmyzr
Optmyzr software is also a sound investment as it is designed to work with Microsoft and Amazon, two of the leading PPC platforms. They have also won many awards over the years, a testament to their passion for ‘getting it right’ with PPC campaign management.
Best Company: Jumpfly Reviews
Capterra: Software Reviews
Clickcease: The Best Software for PPC Success in 2021
Featured Customers: Jumpfly Customer Reviews
G2 Crowd: Software Reviews
Google Ads: Keyword Planner
Marketerhire: PPC Tools
Microsoft Advertising: Small Business Solutions
Simplilearn: Man Vs Machine – Who’s Winning at PPC
Software Advice: Software Reviews
Wordstream: PPC Software
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should PCC campaigns be checked?
People in the know recommend weekly check-ins. However, new campaigns should be checked daily. Sadly, over 70% of companies wait longer than a month before checking their campaigns. A good PPC management tool will help you keep tabs on your campaign. Check out the full review for the best PPC management tools to use.
What advantage does Opteo have over Google AdWords?
Opteo is all about improving tasks to get better results. It uses advanced algorithms that provide additional metrics that Google AdWords does not have. In short, Opteo is an advanced diagnostic and performance measuring tool. Check this review for more details on Opteo and other great PPC management tools.
Is it wise to start with basic software and upgrade as my website grows?
Many small businesses do this, but the more value you get from the software, the more you will want to expand your tools. Take Spyfu, for example. You can start small and add modules later or upgrade your subscription to a more advanced package. Check this review for more details.